LST International Projects
(LST in currently sending only vaccinated Workers on international projects)
Why LST International Projects?
Support the long-term work of mission sites
LST’s goal isn’t just to send people on mission trips. Our desire is to serve the long-term work of mission sites by being a partner. These are sites at which LST can be a meaningful and ongoing part of how they connect with their community. LST projects support this long-term work of mission sites by sending well-prepared teams who focus on one task – building bridges into the community through English conversation practice.
Provide meaningful service
Many North Americans are eager to travel to international destination. But, as they think about travel they also wonder what they can do to really make a difference. On LST projects you’ll be connecting with every-day people right from the community of the hosting mission church, helping them practice English by utilizing the LST approach and materials. Within even just a week or two you’ll create life-long friendships and become part of an impact that lasts well past your departure.
LST is with you from start to finish, providing fundraising support, mission sites, training, support while onsite, and debriefing. Whether you go for a week or two, for six weeks, or want to serve for a year, LST is your partner from beginning to end.
What mission sites are asking for LST Projects?
- LST teams serve 2-6 weeks. Most teams serve for two weeks, though LST has opportunities last as long as six weeks or even a year!
- Most teams are 2-4 people in size.
- LST loves sending families. You, your spouse, and your kiddos can be a team!
- LST teams serve throughout the year not just in the summer.
- We bet you have questions about money. That’s normal! Click HERE for details about LST project finances. Similarly, read about traveling with LST during COVID.
- We call these experiences “projects” instead of “mission trips” because they are unlike traditional mission trips.
- While we love the full-service model, if you love the LST approach but have your own site and prefer to handle the logistics yourself, talk to us about LST excellent training options for mission teams.
- If you’re new to LST and interested in LST teams at your mission site click HERE
Youth Groups and Christian High Schools (YoungFriends)
- LST has a special program for teenagers. LST YoungFriends is a mission experience for high school students that utilizes the Let’s Start Talking (LST) approach to faith sharing and relationship building.
- Click HERE for more information.
- If international travel prevents in-person projects LST has excellent experience in creating virtual projects for teams/sites. Contact us!